Going Back In Time

  • 1938 : The school was founded by Late King of Simlapal Madan Mohan Singha Choudhury. The first Head-master of the school was Asutosh Patra. Other teachers were Bisweswar Sannigrahi, Radhaballav Singhamahapatra and Rakhal Chandra Nayak. Non-teaching Staff : - Gopal Chandra Sannigrahi and Tarapada Nayak. Student strength :120. No. of classes :- Four.
  •    Initially the class-work ran in the first floor of the Roy Family.
  • 1939 : New teachers : Niradbaran Hota, Rambishnu Hota, Indubhushan Singhababu, Prankrishna Sannigrahi, Rasbihari Singhamahapatra, Nabin Chandra Mahapatra.
  • 1940 :  The school was shifted to its own building. A set of new teachers :- Rajendranath Goswami, Rasbihari Patra, Narayan Chandra Mahanti, Lakshminarayan Mishra, Nandalal Singhamahapatra. A hostel building for the student was launched about 110 students boarded there. The student strength of the school reached 200. Fanibhushan Malla joined as the new non-teaching staff.
  • 1941 : Jnanendranath Sarkar joined the school as the new Head-master. The first batch of the school sat for the matriculation examination.
  • 1943 : New teacher : Ahibhushan Sannigrahi
  • 1944 :New teacher : Golok Bihari Singhamahapatra. Student strength : 250. Ashutosh Patra rejoined the school as the Head master.
  • 1945 : On 2nd April two boarding houses facing east and north were gutted in devastating fire. It was rebuilt in three months by the active co-operation of the people of the area.
  • 1946 : Joydev Hota joined the school as teacher.
  • 1947 : Ashutosh Patra resigned from the post of Head master.
  • 1948 : New teachers : Jugal Kishor Chattopadhyay and Chintamoni Singhamahapatra. Student strength : 310.
  • 1949 : Nripendranath Goswami joined as the Head master.
  • 1950 : Rabindra Chandra Roy joined as the Head master.
  • 1953 : Gokul Chandra Mahanti joined as non teaching staff.
  • 1954 : New teachers : Rampada Kar, Raghunandan Satpathi, Student strength : 325. The founder secretary of the school King M adan Mohan Singha Choudhury passed away.
  • 1956 : The office building was built.
  • 1958 : H.S. course was introduced. The Number of teacher was 13 and student was 361.
  • 1959 : The Science Building was built. The Arts Building was built in the next decade.
  • 1982 : Rabindra Chandra Roy retired after 32 years of active service. He always regarded his school a temple and his contribution for the development of the school will always be written in golden letters.
  • 1985 : On 7th May Subhas Chandra Sinhababu joined the school as Head master. Popularly called the Head master of Head masters he took the school to a new height.

 

All these information were collected and put into the golden jubilee magazine of the school by our beloved and honourable teachers Banamali Singhamahapatra and Jaladhar Mahanti both of whom untimely left the earth. These information have been reinstated by two present teachers Sri Subrata Sinhamahapatra and Sri Soumen Rakshit.


About | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Sitemap
Copyright by simlapal m m high school, 2011